RPG Research is a non-profit 501(c)3 charitable human services and research organization.
We presently use Odoo as our primary CMS, there are older sites that use Wordpress and Plone, and volunteers may be asked to do some work on those sites. We do not require much 'under' the hood work.
In this role, you should be detailed-oriented and an excellent communicator. Balancing a creative eye with an analytical mind is essential. If you have a strong technical background, we’d like to meet you.
As a volunteer, we need qualified, invested, candidates that can commit to at least 1 hour per day, 3-5 days per week.
This position can be 100% remote work.
REQUIRED: Volunteers in this position need to be available for 1 hour a day, per day, for 3-5 days a week. Scheduling is otherwise flexible, and we ask for at least 3 months of commitment.
REQUIRED: Volunteers must pass a background check.
- Must be able to read and write well in English
- Web design experience
- Familiarity with web standards.
- Previous experience of website management tools.
- Must have strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, comprehension and analytical skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Knowledge of e-commerce and internet marketing.
- Ability to meet important deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized, while working in a fast-paced, multi-project environment.
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Web design.
- Integration with third-party services, like Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Patreon, GoFundme, Discord, etc.
- Regularly running security checks/audits on our websites.
- Ensuring the functionality and efficiency of web infrastructure.
- Examining and analyzing site traffic.
- Becoming an expert on our web admin interface.
- Reviewing and implementing SEO.
- Uploading and maintaining website content (copy, photos, blog, etc.).
- Troubleshooting/testing websites to see if there are any parts that are difficult to use.
- Closely collaborating with other marketing team members to coordinate branding/photography/videography/graphic needs for website.
- Ensuring consistency throughout the website.
- Keeping up to date with advances in computer technology and web design industry and how this affects the business environment.
- Proactively providing input on how organization can improve on website and its offerings.
- Planning for future changes to the website.
- Gathering feedback and ensuring accuracy when implementing edits/feedback.
- Supporting and collaborating with the marketing team with additional projects as needed.
- Collaborating with multiple departments to ensure website functionality (customer service, account managers, IT, data team, etc.).
- Collaborate with IT Department for hosting and web server maintenance.
- Must be able to multi-task and move quickly in a fast paced work environment and over-see multiple websites at once.
- Organization and a problem solver is vital for this position.
- Work with Marketing Team for marketing campaigns to build landing pages, forms, etc.
- A/B Testing plan and on-going testing to improve overall site.
- Knowledge of bounce rate.
- Professional, hard-working, and brings ideas to the table.
Applicant Must Provide:
- Detailed resume (longer with more useful information is better than short buzz-word filled bullet lists that just blend with all the rest).
- Work samples or portfolio are very much preferred
This is a volunteer position. Candidate must be available a minimum of 1 hour per day 3-5 days per week (specific days can vary).
Free training/mentoring from senior level admin with over 35 years of technology experience, and over 20 years of web experience, published by the SANS Institute, and who's work has influenced technology decisions made by Fortune 500 companies, including Google.
Great work experience helping a 501(c)3 charitable non-profit organization improve the quality if life for many people around the world.
Real-world enterprise-level work experience for a fast growing internationally connected organization.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $0.00 per year