Administrative Assistant [Volunteer] for Charitable Non-profit Organization
Join our international team of volunteers! Just 3-10 hours per week (usually averages around just 5 hours per week). Minimum 6 month commitment. Background check required (we cover the cost).
100% remote work, though need to be able to work with our PST8PDT-centric timezone since our HQ is based in Washington State.
College credit may be available, depending on your institution, on a case-by-case basis.
You will want to also complete the application on our website for the next step in this process: https://www.rpgresearch.com/jobs/detail/administrative-assistant-volunteer-for-charitable-non-profit-organization-197
The part-time Administrative Assistant (AA) team member, is a remote unpaid volunteer position. The AA is part of a team of AA volunteers reporting to the administrative staff to help with the weekly planning for our community and operational programs.
The administrative assistant's primary task is to help reduce the schedule burden on the administrative staff as much as possible.
The AA will gain a lot of real-world applicable experience using enterprise-class resource planning software (OpenERPG / Odoo).
The AA performs a range of administrative and virtual office support functions for RPG Research to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. Most importantly: schedule management, email routing, internal group emails/announcements, voicemail follow-up and routing, and weekly administrative meeting documentation.
RPG Research is a 501(c)3 non-profit research and human services charitable organization. We have over 130 volunteer staff members across 6 continents regularly working together each week on research, training, and community projects. We provide research and community programs around the world. We are studying the effects of music and role-playing games, and their potential to improve quality of life for people around the world. http://www.rpgresearch.com
- RPG Research has been involved with role-playing games since the 1970s and researching their effects since 1983. We have also helped run programs in schools since 1985, and in therapeutic settings since 2004, and incorporated as a 501(c)3 non-profit in 2017.
- We have been offering the world's most comprehensive repository of research information on role-playing games, freely and openly, online since 2004.
Volunteers are highly valued members of the RPG Research community (which is 100% volunteer run) and contribute to making a significant difference in RPG Research's ability to research and provide community programs for the public to help improve lives. RPG Research will provide reference letters for all volunteers who successfully complete a placement.
The Administrative Assistant duties include:
- Calendar & event updates management
- Group announcements management
- Email routing management
- Phone routing management
- Will professionally and politely answer or route emails
- Occasionally make outbound calls in response to voicemails or email
- Provide prompt responses and forwarding to appropriate staff member where necessary.
- Handle requests for information and data and follow up with appropriate staff member.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for staff members
- Ensure staff are notified in a timely manner of upcoming deadlines.
- Assist with volunteer and outreach coordination with the Volunteer Coordinator team members as needed
- RELIABLE, STRONG WORK ETHIC
- Strong and consistent communicator
- Strong typing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written grammar skills.
- Libre Office, Microsoft Office, or equivalent, proficiency and data entry accuracy skills
- High energy and excellent communication skills are a MUST
- Detail oriented and committed to meeting deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and manage multiple deadlines.
- Ability to problem-solve in a fast paced work environment.
- Strong English speaking and written skills a must
- Proficient and extensive experience with Google Calendar and Google Docs being used in groups/offices.
- 100% remote
- Flexible schedule options available
- Hands-on training
- Possible college credit depending on your institutions requirements (handled on a case-by-case basis).
- You will get hands-on training and real-world professional experience working with international staff and community, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERPG) software, and more.
- How many years of 10 Key experience do you have?
- How many years of administrative assistant experience do you have?
- How many years of customer service experience do you have?
- How many years of Data Entry experience do you have?
- How many years of Google calendar experience do you have?
- How many years of Google docs experience do you have?
- How many years of Google groups experience do you have?
- How many years of Libre Office experience do you have?
- How many years of volunteer experience do you have?
- Do you speak American Sign Language (ASL)? (nice to have)
- Do you speak English Fluently? (required)
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Explain why are you interested in this job?
- Why are you interested in volunteering at RPG Research specifically?
- When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and times or ranges of times.
- Who referred you to this role?